Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Return of The Cologne Brothers..............

After years of being intimidated of the gym, I think you reach a point in your life that you just say WTH.  For me it was 40.  I finally had come into my own.  Go to the gym, do my own thing, don't worry about the gym clowns.

Now you are talking to a girl who survived the 80's, and things stretchy, spandexy, and shiny.  I would go to the gym to work out and all of the women were in the locker room prepping to go work out.  Lipgloss check, hairspray check, spandex check, thong unitard check, leg warmers check. I never understood the deal, although these women NEVER broke  a sweat so when they were done working out they could roll right into their bar wear and go right to the clubs.

As for the guys, they were loud, juiced up, wearing the weightlifting tear away pants in scary prints and neon colors. Going to the free weightroom back then was a loud, agressive, sweat fest. There was never a time that it was chill, it was always amped up in there.

So fast forward to today.  The family owned gym is great that I belong to.. It has a great mix of young, old, families, working peeps and stay at home moms.  The energy is positive and always has a buzz going.

Last week after I babyed my knee from being a bit overzealous on the treadmill running.  I am back at the gym @ 5:30 am.  A little slower a little smarter. So on the treadmill I go, ipod in my ear, ready to rock and roll. Then it happens...........
I hear them first......two 20 something guys heading my way.  They stake their claim at the 2 treadmills next to me.  Their ritual is as follows....... 
Dude let's get this done. Are you ready???  (I thought OK, they are just getting on the treadmill right?)
Stretch, flex, and make various grunting noises. This way everyone can hear their prep.
Turn on ipods and find the right music (Was it "eye of the tiger" on there??)
Now change the channel to the show of there choice on the TV as well.
Fire up the treadmill and crank it up as fast as you can go.
Start the humming and chanting as you run.
Then the FINAL  piece......turn the fan to blow on them as they run. When the air hits them the treadmill area is FILLED with COLOGNE. Nothing cheap, but way overdone.
Yes it is 5:30 am, they might run into some ladies right?
They run fast, they run sideways, they run backwards. They just run, and run and run.
After I finished my workout and walked through the gym there sat the Cologne Brother in the hottub with 2 ladies.
FOCUS girl....... somethings NEVER change. Get your workout on and remember, there is always a clown in the circus...... Thanks for the entertainment boys. ; ) it was worth the price of admission.
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment